Welcome to MedEntry. We are delighted that you chose MedEntry for your medical entrance and interview preparation. Please read these terms and conditions and contact us if you have any questions.
Access to this website is strictly subject to the terms and conditions outlined in
the agreement below.
In this agreement, "we" and "us" refer to MedEntry, 'the Site/website' refers to www.medentry-hpat.ie and "you" refers to the applicant.
The products and services displayed on this website are limited to persons who are eligible to enter into contracts under applicable laws. If you do not meet these requirements, you cannot purchase goods or services on our website. All materials appearing on this site, including site design, text, graphics, icons, interfaces, and the selection, assembly and arrangements are owned or licensed by MedEntry. MedEntry reserves the right to reject your application to become a registered user. MedEntry also reserves the right to suspend user privileges and block access of any registered user who violates this User Agreement. Use of this website implies your consent to this Agreement. If you do not agree with any provisions in this Agreement, you must discontinue use of this site immediately. This website may have links to other third-party websites which we have no control over and as such we are not responsible for their content. MedEntry's packages are for purchase by bona fide applicants only, i.e. those preparing for and sitting entrance exams for medical/health sciences and intending to pursue a career in medicine and other health science courses. Invalid enrolments will be cancelled without refunds.
02. Refund/Return Policy
Returns, refunds or exchanges will not be provided unless there are exceptional circumstances and the decision whether to provide a return, refund or exchange is solely at MedEntry's discretion. Failure to cancel a recurring subscription does not constitute ‘exceptional circumstances’.
To apply for a refund in any situation (whether they relate to goods or services), a request in writing will need to be provided to MedEntry stating your name and contact details, the full history of the transaction in question, a detailed list of reasons why you are requesting a refund/exchange, the contact person that you have dealt with from MedEntry, copies of all relevant documents related to the situation and any other documents. Refunds will only be considered if a request is made in writing (by email or letter) within one week of the date of purchase.
All requests for refunds will incur an administration and banking surcharge of at least 20%. Credit may be given, at our discretion, to other MedEntry courses or products after cancellations. Refunds for individual components of a package will not be considered under any circumstances.
‘Exceptional circumstances’ include if the goods/services are ‘seriously defective’ and within MedEntry’s control. Evidence must be provided. MedEntry may offer an appropriate remedy/alternative depending on the nature of the defect.
Cancellations will only be considered for a refund if all the above requirements have been met.
03. Fees and Currency
- Fees and Billing. You will pay all fees charged to your account (“Fees”) according to the prices and terms on the applicable pricing page, or as otherwise agreed between us in writing. We have the right to correct pricing errors or mistakes even if we have already issued an invoice or received payment. You will provide complete and accurate billing information including a valid and authorized payment method.
- Price Changes. We may change our prices by posting notice to your account and/or to our website. Any price changes will apply to the Fees charged to your account immediately after the effective date of the changes.
- Fees are payable in Euros (EUR). Payments are nonrefundable except as provided in these Terms.
- Disputes and Late Payments. If you want to dispute any Fees, please contact email@example.com within 72 hours of the date of the disputed invoice. Undisputed amounts past due may be subject to a finance charge of the unpaid balance. If any amount of your Fees are past due, we may suspend your access to the Services after we provide you notice of late payment.
- Free Tier. You may not create more than one account to benefit from credits provided in the free tier of the Services. If we believe you are not using the free tier in good faith, we may charge you standard fees or stop providing access to the Services.
04. Delivery Policy
MedEntry's goods will be made available online to you via our Learning Management System (LMS). You will be responsible for providing the correct email address and MedEntry will be in no way held responsible if the email address and physical address provided to us is inaccurate, outdated or incorrect. MedEntry's courses follow a time-based program and must be utilised within the time allotted. You will have access to the Learning Management System until the end of the next HPAT testing period, at which time access to your HPAT resources will be suspended.
You will have access to the Interview and University Admissions Guide components of the LMS until January of the following year. If your package includes a workshop, you must enrol in one before the next HPAT date. Any other component of a package (including but not limited to one on one training, application reviews and interview training sessions) must be used by you between the date of purchase and January of the following year. Requests to delay use of individual components of a package to a later date will not be considered. Access to all features of the LMS, including support associated with the LMS, is subject to fair use limits as determined by MedEntry.
Courses may not be postponed if enrolment has already begun (i.e any of the goods or services have been used) and may not be postponed for longer than 12 months. Requests for postponement must be made in writing to MedEntry.
While MedEntry will ensure that servers and back-up servers have more than sufficient capacity to handle demand on the Learning Management System, due to factors beyond our control, the Learning Management System may occasionally not be accessible. MedEntry cannot be held responsible for any access issues experienced, particularly during the few days before the HPAT. Further, since HPAT is not a test that can be crammed for, students are urged to practice regularly over a period of time.
Course schedules (dates), locations and delivery method are subject to change and/or cancellation. MedEntry will notify you of any changes or cancellations and available alternatives.
05. Use of this website
You will not use the Site (including the Learning Management System):
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- In any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- For the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- To create a commercial database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
- To transmit or re-circulate or onsell any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
- In such a way so as to remove the copyright or trademark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
- In any way that might bring MedEntry into disrepute.
Furthermore, all students are expected to interact with other students and staff members in a respectful and courteous manner. Repeated inappropriate or abusive behaviour will lead to immediate cancellation of the student's services.
All content included on the Site is the sole property of MedEntry and is protected by Australian copyright and other intellectual property laws. All material is meant for personal use only.
Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing the material on this Website via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, any use of content other than in accordance with this Agreement, including the reproduction, modification, re-distribution, transmission, onselling, auctioning, republication, sharing, display, for private coaching/tuition or performance either during or after your enrolment is strictly prohibited.
Any infringement of these rules will result in disciplinary and legal action including but not limited to any or all of the following:
- Immediate termination of enrolment in the course.
- Forfeiture of payment made and entitlement to refunds.
- Criminal prosecution. Infringement of copyrighted works constitutes a breach of the Copyright Act and will result in legal action. Penalties may include imprisonment and fines.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the purchases of MedEntry's products are for a single licence for the exclusive use of the purchaser only. Enrolment cannot be shared, re-sold, auctioned or transferred to another person in any manner. Any activity that does not comply by these terms will be deemed a breach of copyright.
You may terminate your registration on our website at any time by providing written or email notice to MedEntry with all appropriate details (including your password). MedEntry reserves the right to terminate your registration at any time and after termination, all applicable provisions of this agreement will survive. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, you may do so at any time by clicking on the link to unsubscribe in any of our mail-outs.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless MedEntry and any of its directors, officers, agents and employees from and against any and all third party claims and all liabilities, assessments, losses, costs or damages resulting from or arising out of or related to (i) any breach by you of any term or condition of this Agreement or (ii) your engagement in any transactions on or use of our website including, without limitation, any disputes between you and another user or any other party and any other claims arising out of or in any way connected with any transactions conducted via our website. If any such action shall be brought against any indemnified party, they shall notify you in writing, and you shall assume and control the defence and settlement of each such action, including the employment of counsel and payment of all expenses. Any indemnified party shall have the right to employ separate counsel in any such action and participate in the defence, at their own cost unless otherwise agreed to by you.
10. Limitation of Liability
MedEntry shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages (or any loss of revenue, profits or data) incurred arising out of the use or the inability to use this website, or out of any breach of a representation of warranty, regardless of the type of claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
Our liability for damages, for any cause or based on any matters arising from this agreement, shall be limited to the total amount paid in during the preceding twelve months of service by you to MedEntry under this agreement. This may, at our option, take the form of re-provision, repair or payment of the cost of providing the goods and/or services in question.
Access to the MedEntry website and its content, products and services are provided "as is." The contents of the MedEntry website are distributed to you without any warranty of any kind. MedEntry, its directors and employees, disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose concerning or relating to the information provided on the MedEntry website. Use of the site and its contents are at your risk. We shall not be held liable for any damages you may incur from your use of this site. Although MedEntry makes every reasonable effort to do so it makes no representations that the information presented is accurate, complete or timely. Accordingly, we will not be liable to you or any other person or organisation seeking relief through you for any decision made or actions taken in reliance on any information presented by MedEntry that results in any indirect, special, punitive, consequential, incidental loss or damage of any nature arising from any cause whatsoever (including, but not limited to, trading losses, loss of anticipated revenue, personal injury, or other indirect loss or damage), even if MedEntry has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
MedEntry shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained in the website or any other forums, whether printed or oral, and reserves the right to make changes to its website content and courses without notice.
MedEntry has no association or affiliation with Pearson VUE, any university or any other HPAT preparation organisation. Enrolment with MedEntry does not represent or include an application to sit the HPAT. Registration to sit HPAT is your own responsibility.
12. Grievance, complaints and appeals
We welcome your feedback and endeavour to deal with complaints efficiently, effectively and confidentially. If you have a complaint, we encourage you to first raise the matter with the relevant staff member. If not resolved, you may submit complaints or comments via
- a letter marked ‘Confidential’ and addressed to the Chief Executive, MedEntry, 126 Jukes Road, Fawkner, Vic 3060, or
- Email with attention to the Chief Executive.