Optimising Your HPAT Performance
Remember the HPAT is not just a test of your reasoning skills; it also tests your stamina, concentration and stress management abilities. You should spend the weeks leading up to HPAT making sure you are in good physical and emotional condition for HPAT test day.
Weeks leading up to the HPAT
In the final weeks leading up to HPAT:
- Focus on your weakest areas
- Make sure you have an effective timing strategy
- Know key strategies to approach each section and type of question
- Eat well, get into a regular sleep schedule and manage stress
The day before HPAT
The HPAT is not an exam you can cram for, so taking the day off before to rest and relax is a good idea. Do something you enjoy, like going for a walk, watching a movie or spending time with friends.
Make sure you have everything prepared for the next day and make sure you know how long it will take to get to the venue.
Get a good night’s sleep to make sure you are well rested for the exam.
The day of the HPAT
- Eat a well-balanced meal with protein and complex carbohydrates to keep you sustained.
- Leave home with plenty of time to arrive at the venue without feeling rushed.
- At the venue do whatever helps you to relax, for example, speaking with friends or listening to music
At the venue do whatever helps you to relax, for example, speaking with friends or listening to music