Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a MedEntry HPAT workshop?
• Log in to your MedEntry account
• Click on the ‘My Bookings’ button to view available bookings. Select your workshop date and then confirm.
If you are enrolling in the Platinum Package as an individual, you will be able to choose your preferred date prior to purchase. If you have enrolled in the Platinum Package with a group discount, all group members need to have enrolled before you can book your workshop.
Can I change the date of my HPAT workshop?
In order to change the workshop that you are currently enrolled in to a different workshop, please follow these steps:
• Log into the MedEntry site
• Click on My Bookings
• Click on the “Move” button next to your workshop
• Select the workshop date that you would like to move to
Your new date will be displayed after you have followed these steps.
The Course fee depends on the package you choose to buy, whether it is the Online Package, Group Platinum, Standard Platinum, or Diamond Package. The course fee includes the popular HPAT workshop and the extensive state-of-the-art Learning management system with 10 practice exams, numerous drills and question banks.
All prices can be found on our packages page.
Please enrol in a HPAT workshop that is available. HPAT workshops are added periodically and you can easily change the date of your workshop later (see the FAQ below "Can I change the date of my workshop" for more details).
We encourage you to attend a MedEntry HPAT Preparation Workshop.
But don't just take our word for it, check out the hundreds of glowing Google and Facebook reviews of our workshops posted by our happy and successful students. We have more and higher ratings than any university in Ireland! MedEntry has over 2000 reviews at a star rating of about 4.8+, far exceeding that of any university.
Three of the main benefits of the MedEntry HPAT workshop are:
1. Learn strategies for approaching the HPAT questions
The study guides on the Online Learning Platform (OLP) do provide detailed approaches to different HPAT question types, but it is always more effective to be taught this information than simply to read it yourself – after all, according to the psychiatrist William Glasser, we learn 10% of what we read, but 50% of what we see and hear!
The HPAT workshop highlights what kind of approaches to questions are the most important, and what types of HPAT questions are the most common. This allows you to make the most of all the resources provided by MedEntry, and perform as well as possible on the HPAT. In evaluations, MedEntry students say that they either did not use the resources on the OLP, or did not know how to efficiently and effectively use them, until they attended a MedEntry HPAT Preparation Workshop.
Additionally, some inside knowledge and information that is not available elsewhere is provided at the HPAT workshop. You will also find that many of the skills that you learn at the HPAT workshop are transferrable, and useful for school and university study.
Attending a MedEntry HPAT Preparation Workshop provides motivation to perform well on the HPAT, as it can make the whole HPAT process feel clearer and more real.
You will also meet fellow students with similar interests and passions. This is a fantastic opportunity for developing your thinking and forming new friendships and study groups, as well as a great source of motivation.
Attending the MedEntry HPAT Workshop and the MedEntry weekly grinds for HPAT is a unique opportunity for many reasons. Never before would you have attended a class where your peers are from all over Ireland and Europe. This is also the only opportunity for you to check out your competition: motivated and able students from all over Ireland and EU. Remember that your scores on the live HPAT will be compared with this cohort.
Additionally, you will hear from current students about how they used MedEntry to obtain excellent scores on the HPAT, as well as what to expect from studying at university. It is an invaluable opportunity to first-hand tips from people who have gone through it all before, and to be able to ask any burning questions you might have about the HPAT or university!
3. The trial exam
At the HPAT workshop you will be given the opportunity to sit a trial HPAT exam, based on which you will receive predicted HPAT scores. This is immensely helpful for a number of reasons:
- You will have a much better idea of what to expect from the experience of sitting the actual HPAT exam.
- You will be able to see how your scores compare to fellow MedEntry students, and how they are predicted to compare to those of everyone taking the exam.
- You will be able to determine your strengths and weaknesses; on what sections you need to focus the most, how to plan your HPAT preparation, and how to plan your approach in the HPAT itself. Remember that wherever you are at is just a starting point; it’s incredible what it’s possible to achieve with practice – and MedEntry provides all the resources to allow you to practice in the most effective way possible!
Further benefits of the MedEntry HPAT workshop include:
- Learn how to use the OLP efficiently and effectively
- Invest in your future by enhancing your thinking skills that will be useful throughout your careers
- Interact with other like-minded students which will help develop your thinking skills
- Network with motivated and able students from various schools in your city, other states and overseas – many of whom will be your colleagues in medical school
- Discuss numerous past HPAT questions and efficient, effective and elegant ways of arriving at the answer
Attending a MedEntry HPAT Preparation Workshop is an invaluable opportunity that will allow you to achieve your best score possible on the HPAT.
The HPAT preparation workshops are run by doctors and professors with decades of teaching experience and UCAT expertise. For more information on your workshop lecturers, please see our HPAT Workshop page.
The workshop will commence at 8:00 am and finish at 2:00 pm on both days.
Some HPAT workshops may begin earlier or later on either day. Please carefully check the email that is sent to you about two working days prior to your HPAT workshop.
Please remember to have with you:
- Pens and paper
If the HPAT is the Olympics, MedEntry workshop represent your coach and training, and what you do at home is similar to going to the gym to work out before you attend for training. So we advise some preparation before attending the workshop.
To find out which HPAT workshop you are enrolled in, please follow these steps:
- Login into the MedEntry website by clicking the Login button in the right hand top corner
- Click on "My Bookings" from the side bar
- Your workshop booking details will be shown.
If a HPAT workshop is shown as "Full" and you feel that is the only HPAT workshop that you can attend due to other commitments, please enrol in another "Open" HPAT workshop and email us with a request to transfer you to the HPAT workshop shown as "Full".
We will make every effort to ensure that your request is accommodated.
Yes, you can change the date of your HPAT workshop, as long as the HPAT workshop you would like to move into is not full. If it is full, and it is the only date you can attend, please contact us and we will try to fit you in.
In order to change the HPAT workshop that you are enrolled in to a different workshop, please follow these steps.
- Login into the MedEntry website by clicking "Login" link to the right of Enrol
- Click on "Bookings"
- Follow the prompts to move into a different date
Please do not panic. There is no need to phone us either.
Please simply send an email letting us know which workshop you would like to attend instead, and we will arrange it for you.
Similarly, if you are running late, there is no need to call. Just show up when you can, or alternatively, you can book into another date by emailing us.
You may attend any HPAT workshop that is convenient to you. However, we recommend avoiding attending the HPAT workshops in the school holidays as these workshops are heavily booked.
Some students feel that they need to attend the workshop before they begin the work on the Online Platform.
This is generally not a good idea.
To gain the most from the workshop, we recommend that you complete some work on the Online Platform first (including completing 1-2 full length practice exams).
However, if you are in younger year levels, you would like to gain a general insight into HPAT or would like motivation, attending a workshop first may be suitable.
There could be several reasons that you have not received your workshop notification email:
- Your email address is incorrect
- Emails are sent to workshop attendees in the day or two prior to the event
- Please verify your email address by logging into your MedEntry Account and choosing the Edit Profile icon
- The notification email has gone into your “Junk/Spam Mail” folder
- Please check your “Junk/Spam Mail” folder in your email account
- You enrolled in the workshop after the emails were sent.
- You have not booked your workshop. To find out which HPAT Workshop you are enrolled in, please follow these steps:
- Login into the MedEntry website by clicking "Login"
- Click on "My Bookings"
- You should be able to view your HPAT Workshop date under the heading "booked event details"