Frequently Asked Questions
Discounts and Scholarships
MedEntry has a commitment to helping those from disadvantaged and under-serviced backgrounds (such as those of low socio-economic status and those from rural or remote areas) to achieve their goals. We have provided over €450,000 of scholarships and discounts to such students over the years.
MedEntry offers various discounts:
- The Platinum Group discount. Simply apply as a group of two or three, and all group members will receive a discount of about 20%! Please see the Groups FAQ for more information.
- The Teacher/Principal/Lecturer/Professor Nominated Scholarship. You will receive 60% off the standard Platinum package. Please see the Teacher/Principal/Lecturer Nominated Scholarship FAQ for more information.
- Last Year's Student discount. This discount will automatically be applied to the accounts of students who enrolled in a MedEntry package in the previous year and use the same email address as before.
- MedEntry Academic scholarship. You will receive 60% off the Standard Platinum package.
If you are a student who has done MedEntry's Online, Platinum or Diamond Package in the previous year, you will be able to purchase the current year's Online, Platinum or Diamond Package at a discounted rate.
To obtain your Last Year's Student Discount:
- Log into the MedEntry website using the same login information that was used to purchase your previous package
- Choose a package
- The discount will automatically be applied to your package cost in your shopping cart
- Proceed through the checkout process
Note: Group Packages are not eligible for this additional discount.
If you wish to apply for this bursary, please ask your Teacher, Principal or Lecturer to write to MedEntry with reasons why you should be awarded the scholarship. This must be sent from a school email address and accompanying documents must be on school/university letterhead. The nomination must be addressed to the Scholarships Officer at MedEntry.
The reasons why you should be awarded the scholarship may include the following:
- Academic scholarships, awards or achievements
- Co-curricular excellence (eg. leadership, public speaking)
- Any other awards/achievements (eg. Science Olympiads, High Distinctions in ICAS)
Please ask your teacher to email the nomination to info@MedEntry-hpat.ie.
- Generic letters of support addressed as "To whom it may concern" will not be considered.
- This scholarship cannot be obtained retrospectively (i.e. after the student has enrolled and paid).
- The scholarship applies to the Platinum package only.
- We recommend that teachers include the student's email address in the letter so that the discount code can be provided directly to the student.
- Please do not send the letter via post.
If you are to be awarded a scholarship, MedEntry will provide you with a unique discount code, which can be used on the website to access the Platinum package with a discount of 60%.
For more information on how to apply please see: HPAT Scholarships
This scholarship is available only for students who demonstrate outstanding Nationwide or International achievement in academic or intellectual endeavours. Examples include medals in Science Olympiads, university medals, perfect (or near-perfect) score in the Junior Certificate Examinations.
Evidence of the achievement(s) should be scanned, along with a statement from a teacher / lecturer on a school or university letterhead, and emailed to info@MedEntry-HPAT.ie (please do not send via post).
Note: School-based awards or awards for sporting/cultural/musical achievement will not be accepted for this scholarship.
This scholarship is only available for the Platinum package. If you are awarded this MedEntry scholarship, will be provided with a unique discount code, which can be used on the website to get a discount of 60%.
The past student discount is applied automatically upon checkout. If it does not apply, there may be several reasons:
- You have to be a MedEntry student in the immediate preceding year, not 2 or 3 years before.
- If you do not use the same email address as last year, the discount will not be automatically applied.
- You have to be logged in first then go to the shop (if you go to the shop and then login, you won’t see the discount).