What is the Highest HPAT Score Ever Achieved?
4 months ago by Chris
The highest HPAT score ever achieved was by a MedEntry student in 2013, who scored an incredible 261. The highest performers in HPAT prepare with MedEntry.
Is 261 a high HPAT score?
Yes! 261 is an incredibly high score, and is the highest score ever achieved in HPAT. Here is the student’s statement of results:
The highest possible score in HPAT (which has never been achieved) is 300. This is a sum of the maximum possible scaled scores for the three HPAT sections: Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving, Interpersonal Understanding, and Non-verbal Reasoning. Each of the three sections is generally scored on a scale of 0 – 100.
In general, achieving a HPAT score of over 210 out of 300 will place you in the top 1% of students sitting HPAT (i.e., you will have achieved the 100th percentile). The student who scored 261 placed them at the very top end of this very high achieving cohort.
Is it hard to achieve a high score in HPAT?
Yes! HPAT questions are completely different to those that you will have encountered at school or university. HPAT is highly time pressured, which means that most students do not finish the exam. The HPAT is a test requiring extreme concentration and quick-thinking skills.
How can I achieve a high score in HPAT?
If you are aiming to achieve a high score in HPAT, you need to ask two questions:
- Which HPAT preparation resources should I use?
- How should I approach my HPAT preparation?
Let’s consider each in turn.
Which HPAT Preparation Resources to use
One of the most important decisions you will make this year is which HPAT preparation resources you use. Preparing with the right resources can be critical to your success. There are several HPAT preparation providers available, so how can you ensure you make the right choice? The best way is to ask others (including medical students, your teachers, and checking out reviews, and ensure you choose a trusted provider with a track record of success.
Most current medical students and junior doctors have trained with MedEntry. MedEntry has trained over 20,000 students over a period of 20 years. We have over 3000 5-star reviews across our global offices. If you choose MedEntry, you can’t go wrong.
How to Approach your HPAT Preparation
How you approach your HPAT preparation is also very important. Remember, you will have to balance HPAT preparation with an already busy year of secondary schooling or university. However, there are time-proven methods to excel in HPAT. These include:
- Completing full length HPAT exams under timed, simulated conditions: MedEntry offers 10+ full HPAT exams that exactly replicate the style and difficulty of HPAT
- Learning strategies to approach each type of HPAT question: MedEntry provides a comprehensive, interactive curriculum guiding you through each type of question, as well as workshops with Dr Ann, HPAT weekly grinds classes and personalised HPAT tutoring
- Identifying and working on your weakest HPAT subtests: MedEntry makes this easy with comprehensive HPAT analytics, and a personalised HPAT platform that suggests where to focus your preparation
- Learning from your mistakes by re-trying HPAT questions, thoroughly reviewing solutions and reflecting on where you went wrong: MedEntry offers an exclusive ‘retry’ and error log feature, as well as comprehensive solutions, including video solutions
- Doing a little bit of HPAT preparation on a regular basis: MedEntry makes this easy with an interactive study planner to schedule regular preparation, and an App for HPAT prep on the go
As you can see, success in HPAT does not come from simply grinding through HPAT questions. There is a smarter and more time-efficient way to prepare, which will give you the best chance of HPAT success.
Why do MedEntry students achieve the highest scores each year?
MedEntry students achieve the highest HPAT scores each year. The highest score achieved in 2023 was 235:
There are many reasons why MedEntry students achieve the highest HPAT scores each year.
Firstly, MedEntry students are discerning. They realise that not all HPAT preparation organisations are equal – in fact, there is a huge range in quality. They also realise that it is important to make the right choice of HPAT prep provider. So, they research, they ask current medical students, senior students at their school and their careers coordinators. They compare HPAT preparation providers. They check each organisation’s independent reviews.
Secondly, MedEntry students gain access to the highest quality and most comprehensive HPAT preparation available. They follow the MedEntry approach to study smart, save time, make enormous gains in their performance, and ultimately achieve their medical entry goals.
So, what are you waiting for?